Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cuz You Got To Have Friends

I realized I haven’t written too much about the other volunteers. It’s a big mix of people from all over of all different ages. The way my program works is that people arrive on Saturday and leave on Saturday. How many weeks you stay for is pretty much up to you. There have been many people who have come and gone in the short time I’ve been here. It’s pretty inconsistent and it sucks to say goodbye to people I was just really getting to know, but it’s nice to be meeting new people each week too.

Every Friday night GVI, the program I’m with, has a BBQ at the interns’ houses. Everyone brings food, we eat BBQ chicken, do intros of the new people, goodbye’s to the people leaving, and do the craziest dance you’ve ever seen. One of these weeks I’ll have to get it on video.

I’ve met people here from all over the world. It’s really interesting to learn about places I’ve never been through people who live there. It definitely makes me want to see more of the world. But what is the most fun is laughing at the different ways we say things and trying to imitate each others’ accents.

Here are some pictures from the BBQ last Friday night, which was the best one yet, and from a place called La Sala where we danced and drank all night afterwards. Enjoy!




zc



Love,
Julie

2 comments:

  1. Good blog topic, a nice change of pace. The people on the ground making a difference are from all over the world, and somehow, have the same goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so fabulous and so happy! I love that...

    ReplyDelete